Luke 9:23 Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me.
God’s plan for you is beyond anything you can imagine. Satan and his cohorts will try to make you feel like you don’t deserve, he will lie to you, discourage you, distract you, accuse you, condemn you. You’re going somewhere good. He’s got you on His radar. It’s not too late and you’re not too far gone. If you have a heart to receive this morning, get ready because His goodness is running after you.
But, it starts with a cross. The whole deal. He’s asking you to simply get with His plan for your life.
Have you come to this point in your life? The big moment when your circumstances have brought you to a broken place and you, finally, said, “ok, God, I’m yours”. Jesus, who knew the plan, still asked if there was a way around it because his flesh didn’t want to go the way of the cross but he prayed, Your will be done.
The cross is about dying, surrender, and His will being done. It’s also something spectacular to behold. Listen, He has already made a spectacle out of the demonic powers that work against you. Now, He wants to make a spectacle out of you - look at that!
- Forgive everyone who’s trying to ruin your life
- Help others who are experiencing the same struggle
- Be sure you take care of those close to you
- Aim your hard questions at God, not man
- Be human enough to acknowledge your need
- Be assured, there is a purpose and an end to what you are suffering
- Surrender your day to God, and let it go